Search and Rescue
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the pros.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterircChatLog in

River of death!

Go down 
+7
Just_A_Dude
doomgeneral
splitopen
Spoprockel
Jollersmart
MSousa
Rotg.Angr_Brthd
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Rotg.Angr_Brthd
Staff Sergeant
Rotg.Angr_Brthd

Number of posts : 85

River of death! Empty
PostSubject: River of death!   River of death! Icon_minitimeThu 2 Jul 2009 - 2:17

Thought I should tell you all about a thing you can do on ua2 purely for fun. Basically, choose a mode etc. and then after 10 minutes you have to stay in the east side of the river until you win or die. I posted this topic to raise awareness and to discuss tactics.
Back to top Go down
MSousa
Warrant Officer
MSousa

Number of posts : 493

River of death! Empty
PostSubject: Re: River of death!   River of death! Icon_minitimeThu 2 Jul 2009 - 4:34

In Umbrella mode on top and on bot of the east side of the river they respawning you know? ^^ and that would be a lose Razz... and in other modes lose too because of the mass monsters that would come after us xD.
and why 10 min after?
Back to top Go down
Jollersmart
Colonel
Jollersmart

Number of posts : 1912

River of death! Empty
PostSubject: Re: River of death!   River of death! Icon_minitimeThu 2 Jul 2009 - 6:04

10 min for time to gather stuff no doubt.
A zombie mode with enough ammo could almost be doable.
Back to top Go down
Spoprockel
Sergeant Major
Spoprockel

Number of posts : 311

River of death! Empty
PostSubject: Re: River of death!   River of death! Icon_minitimeThu 2 Jul 2009 - 6:04

first ten minutes are used to get ammo and stuff there.

True, cant do that in umb, but in every other mode.

Just get the right MOS, 1 with flaregun skill, 1 with smoke skill, maybe one to tank and nc with maxed blood transfusion to provide never ending mana supply and you'll do fine, unless a swarm or bk raids the spot.

It's good for training teamplay, since everyone got his job and if 1 screws it up all are dead within seconds, since theres no place to run.

Orbs have proven to be quite fatal if used in the river, although until they bounce back unluckily they can be quite useful... Don't use them!

Also its hella fun to try staying alive with rifle butt once all ammo is used up. with enough healing items and maxed nc healing skills you can make it quite long, untill some mass air comes for your helpless ass affraid
Back to top Go down
splitopen
Captain

Number of posts : 961

River of death! Empty
PostSubject: Re: River of death!   River of death! Icon_minitimeThu 2 Jul 2009 - 8:38

1 flamer(tank)
1 ghost(ION CANNON,flare)
1 dc(CAS,flare,smoke)
2 nc(...)
1 assault(HEAT,Smoke,Ec)
1 engie(sentries, barricades,c4)
1 FO(NUCLEAR APOCALYPSE,cas, phosphore)

My idea for a 8-man team in this scenario.(zombie modes)
Back to top Go down
doomgeneral
Staff Sergeant

Number of posts : 87

River of death! Empty
PostSubject: Re: River of death!   River of death! Icon_minitimeThu 2 Jul 2009 - 21:35

umbrella might be doable, but you will need to camp the umbrella spawns

edit: em nvm, no vision + no movement is kinda painfull
Back to top Go down
Spoprockel
Sergeant Major
Spoprockel

River of death! Empty
PostSubject: Re: River of death!   River of death! Icon_minitimeThu 2 Jul 2009 - 23:28

Also the rules are to stay in the river after 10 minutes, no matter what comes. First umb dc or rifler who gets in frag range would end it.
Back to top Go down
splitopen
Captain

River of death! Empty
PostSubject: Re: River of death!   River of death! Icon_minitimeFri 3 Jul 2009 - 3:26

binocllear spam, scout recon tracking, flare gun skill, HEAT splitspam™️, illuminati rounds, C.A.S(they dont care about rules right?), ground flares(you DO get 10 min, use if desperate), sentries and cams for the umb spawns. Yes, it is doable. The trick is to put item sentry from cache on the hill near the river.(10 min is too little for the skill)
Back to top Go down
Jollersmart
Colonel
Jollersmart

Number of posts : 1912

River of death! Empty
PostSubject: Re: River of death!   River of death! Icon_minitimeFri 3 Jul 2009 - 6:01

Far as i remember that hill is a spawnpoint for second umb mission which means the sentry is fucked pretty soon.
Back to top Go down
Rotg.Angr_Brthd
Staff Sergeant
Rotg.Angr_Brthd

River of death! Empty
PostSubject: Re: River of death!   River of death! Icon_minitimeFri 3 Jul 2009 - 6:14

Umb River of death isn't a bad idea. Even the checkpoints is possible if you time it right (WP, CAS). The best mode for this though is survival, and with a 5-man team we still havn't managed to complete it. After you complete survival in the river of death try hard -outbreak and then every time you complete it go harder, so next would be plain hard then -rifle etc. up to insane -rifle.

Disclaimer - I have not tried this on umb mode

Last edited by Rotg.Angr_Brthd on Fri 3 Jul 2009 - 6:47; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
splitopen
Captain

River of death! Empty
PostSubject: Re: River of death!   River of death! Icon_minitimeFri 3 Jul 2009 - 6:18

try 8 man team
Back to top Go down
Spoprockel
Sergeant Major
Spoprockel

River of death! Empty
PostSubject: Re: River of death!   River of death! Icon_minitimeFri 3 Jul 2009 - 22:10

Pretty risky in umb, since north and south of the river are umb spawnpoints. If a large squad spawns the assmen, ce and dc might instantly fire theyr shit on us. CE could cluster them at spawn, but only 1 second of distraction would give them enough time...

Also i guess it would be rather boring for most of the team, since there's only little zombie spawns and a few pudges to fight between the bypassing umb units, and those get raped far away by the dm or cas...
Back to top Go down
Just_A_Dude
Major
Just_A_Dude

Number of posts : 1231

River of death! Empty
PostSubject: Re: River of death!   River of death! Icon_minitimeSat 4 Jul 2009 - 5:20

Sounds Boring to me, mabye you should try and sruvive in a shoping maul instead?
Back to top Go down
splitopen
Captain

River of death! Empty
PostSubject: Re: River of death!   River of death! Icon_minitimeSat 4 Jul 2009 - 6:20

STFU troll
Back to top Go down
Rotg.Angr_Brthd
Staff Sergeant
Rotg.Angr_Brthd

River of death! Empty
PostSubject: Re: River of death!   River of death! Icon_minitimeSun 5 Jul 2009 - 1:30

At least try it, and in my opinion it is very fun. Also it promotes teamwork, especially with less people. If 1 person dies it can cause all the rest to die. You realise how much ammo is worth. Playing this with a large team will only make it easy and thus less fun. I play river of death because it is challenging, not because i can beat it.
Back to top Go down
MSousa
Warrant Officer
MSousa

River of death! Empty
PostSubject: Re: River of death!   River of death! Icon_minitimeMon 6 Jul 2009 - 6:47

yeah we can try it, but i still think its not do able ^^

Its sounds interesting... Wink
Back to top Go down
splitopen
Captain

River of death! Empty
PostSubject: Re: River of death!   River of death! Icon_minitimeMon 6 Jul 2009 - 8:34

I am pretty sure it is doable with a 5-man team on umb, but it requires very much luck. It needs to be well organized so the players know what role to be and what to do. I have a team you might try:
NC, which should focus on blood transfusion for the mana.
DC should be picked because he can smokelock people and has CAS.
Ghost and DM should be picked for binos and long range attacks.
And maybe a FO, SR or another NC.
Back to top Go down
Envy-
Staff Sergeant
Envy-

Number of posts : 112

River of death! Empty
PostSubject: Re: River of death!   River of death! Icon_minitimeMon 6 Jul 2009 - 8:38

pff..you people and your well thoughtout tacticks.

Rifle only.No hope.Final destination.
Back to top Go down
MSousa
Warrant Officer
MSousa

River of death! Empty
PostSubject: Re: River of death!   River of death! Icon_minitimeMon 6 Jul 2009 - 11:56

but you know Umbs have Ghost and they can shoot a nice Ion canon on us? ^^... in long distance
Back to top Go down
splitopen
Captain

River of death! Empty
PostSubject: Re: River of death!   River of death! Icon_minitimeMon 6 Jul 2009 - 19:53

Luck.
Sometimes they wont shoot ion at all.
Back to top Go down
MSousa
Warrant Officer
MSousa

River of death! Empty
PostSubject: Re: River of death!   River of death! Icon_minitimeTue 7 Jul 2009 - 3:15

never appent to me that they dont shoot xD
Back to top Go down
Herbmaster
Lt Colonel
Herbmaster

Number of posts : 1420

River of death! Empty
PostSubject: Re: River of death!   River of death! Icon_minitimeTue 7 Jul 2009 - 7:51

Envy- wrote:
pff..you people and your well thoughtout tacticks.

Rifle only.No hope.Final destination.

lol! envy
Back to top Go down
https://clansar.forumotion.com
Rotg.Angr_Brthd
Staff Sergeant
Rotg.Angr_Brthd

River of death! Empty
PostSubject: Re: River of death!   River of death! Icon_minitimeSun 26 Jul 2009 - 6:09

So has anyone tried the river of death yet? (Apart from me and spop).
Back to top Go down
Admin
Captain
Admin

Number of posts : 908

River of death! Empty
PostSubject: Re: River of death!   River of death! Icon_minitimeTue 28 Jul 2009 - 0:50

No as we had no hope in the channel to try it out yet..
Back to top Go down
https://clansar.forumotion.com
Rotg.Angr_Brthd
Staff Sergeant
Rotg.Angr_Brthd

River of death! Empty
PostSubject: Re: River of death!   River of death! Icon_minitimeTue 28 Jul 2009 - 23:19

You know it is still fun with 2 or 3 other people. Don't need a full house.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

River of death! Empty
PostSubject: Re: River of death!   River of death! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

River of death!
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Search and Rescue :: Warcraft III :: Undead Assault II-
Jump to: