Search and Rescue
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the pros.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterircChatLog in

Spray's Miniguide for Starters

Go down 
+7
MSousa
TNT_PIZZA
Spoprockel
Legendel
Herbmaster
Admin
anti.pro-spray
11 posters
AuthorMessage
anti.pro-spray
Sergeant
anti.pro-spray

Number of posts : 59

Spray's Miniguide for Starters Empty
PostSubject: Spray's Miniguide for Starters   Spray's Miniguide for Starters Icon_minitimeWed 2 Jun 2010 - 17:56

Spray's Overall Miniguide of Things You Need to Know

Fighting Against Leaping Creatures

Explosive Charges/Satchel Charges/C4/Cameras/Paralysis Traps/Heroes/Minis/Civillians/Police can be used as jump fodder when fighting Minerva/Hephaustus/Licker. Just lay them around the area spaced out and they will jump onto them instead of you.

Fighting Against Big Creatures
Explosive Charges/Satchel Charges/C4 can be used to wall, common trick in Undead Assault. Walling off entrances makes sure Small Zombies or Big Zombies cannot pass unless they have a air-like pathing or can leap. Simple, just line them up so nothing can walk through. If you want to save ECs, try spacing them out so only small zombies can walk inbetween them but keep in mind Artemis has the same pathing.

Keep in Mind
  • Reloading before a firefight and after a firefight will keep you from reloading during a firefight, it might just save your life.
  • Items can stack, so letting someone else hold a item like saline syringe when he already has a saline syringe will stack the items.
  • When you die during a game, you can be revived by a Navy Corpsman[NC] except in Survival mode but while dead you still get Experience points.
  • Any Grenade Type weapon is not accurate, so throwing them close to a team mate can result in a accidental team kill.
  • Eating magazines will slow your MOS, more the magazine, the heavier you are.
  • Never let Detachment Commander's reinforcement hold important mission items for if they disappear you cannot finish the mission.
  • Don't forget it is a team game, play as a team.

Spoiler:

Item Spawns

• Battery and Medical Kit, near the Abandoned North Hill House.
  • Battery, South of the North Hill Checkpoint beside a stump of a tree.
  • Saline Syringe, South of the Battery(stump) hiding inbetween two trees.
  • Smoke Grenade North of the Middle Hills, area bottom right of the Abandoned North Hill House(where boomers spawn in Normal/H/Insane mode.

Constructive advice is fine, i.e. how to set up the guide, summarize certain areas, bullet certain things, use spoilers where. So I can make this guide a little better, I'll try adding Normal/Hard/Insane later but for now here is what I have.

Edit2: I tried to make it a little more structured and easy to read instead of blocks of text.

Last edited by anti.pro-spray on Fri 4 Jun 2010 - 12:17; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Admin
Captain
Admin

Number of posts : 908

PostSubject: Re: Spray's Miniguide for Starters   Spray's Miniguide for Starters Icon_minitimeThu 3 Jun 2010 - 0:09

Its good info but think of putting it into a structure. To me it just seems like a wild bunch of more or less usefull advices.

When i wrote those notd guides i got disconnected when i wanted to post so had to rewrite it all. Make sure you mark all and copy before you press the post button. Or just write in a text editor, paste it in and then post it. But i think most of you found it out already in an annoying way.
Back to top Go down
https://clansar.forumotion.com
Herbmaster
Lt Colonel
Herbmaster

Number of posts : 1420

PostSubject: Re: Spray's Miniguide for Starters   Spray's Miniguide for Starters Icon_minitimeThu 3 Jun 2010 - 3:30

Quote :
Spray's Overall Miniguide of Things You Need to Know

dont you think you should know this if you in Clan SAR Question Rolling Eyes

overall its good start king
Back to top Go down
anti.pro-spray
Sergeant
anti.pro-spray

PostSubject: Re: Spray's Miniguide for Starters   Spray's Miniguide for Starters Icon_minitimeFri 4 Jun 2010 - 11:54

Admin wrote:
Its good info but think of putting it into a structure. To me it just seems like a wild bunch of more or less usefull advices.

When i wrote those notd guides i got disconnected when i wanted to post so had to rewrite it all. Make sure you mark all and copy before you press the post button. Or just write in a text editor, paste it in and then post it. But i think most of you found it out already in an annoying way.

I didn't give it too much time so hence there isn't much structure, kind of like a short amount of time when I wrote it, probably editting in a few minutes though and see what I can do.

Herbmaster wrote:
dont you think you should know this if you in Clan SAR Question Rolling Eyes

overall its good start king

Thats why I put it under as need to know Very Happy and starters Smile
Back to top Go down
Legendel
Major
Legendel

Number of posts : 1258

PostSubject: Re: Spray's Miniguide for Starters   Spray's Miniguide for Starters Icon_minitimeFri 4 Jun 2010 - 20:27

I would just like to point out afew things that many noobs ignore. The ghost has the capability of going invisible, however certain creatures and minis are able to see them. I would just like to be clear on which ones they are to limit noobish suicides.

Umb:
Riflemen
Dc's
Nc's

As for Zombies:
Stalkers
Ravagers
Beasts
Mutants
All class A and above except Metasis
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Legendel
Spoprockel
Sergeant Major
Spoprockel

Number of posts : 311

PostSubject: Re: Spray's Miniguide for Starters   Spray's Miniguide for Starters Icon_minitimeSat 5 Jun 2010 - 1:59

About those umbs able to see invisibles:

There was a time when we had some kind of hacked map where a player could play umb forces.

I tried umb and also had a look at the skills. What i saw was that some skills differ from umb to umb, some riflers got frags, some got light filters. All had saline and crits.

So not every rifle or every nc can see invisibles, it's random. Not sure about DC, i guess it's a default skill there. Better don't rely on your invisibility at all vs umb.

I also was surprised to see that some umb snipers got binoculars. Obviously they barely use them at all.
I only got killed by the use of umb binoculars once in my whole ua2 time, i was west of north hill, waiting for umbs to come through the valley, when suddenly from the dark down there came 3 bullets that killed me. Shortly after that 3 snipers and a nc showed up from that direction. All around well cammed up, there could've been no other umb sneaking up to me to provide vision.

About basic survival vs umb:

You could note that even throwing jelly beans will cause them to panic and run off, giving you about 3 seconds to run to higher grounds or finish them off. So everytime you run into enemy territory where you could corner umbs, use attack walk, click on your stack of mgl/smokes/gflares/frags/jelly beans and aim infront of your move path and at point where umbs could corner you.

As soon as anything starts firing at you from that direction just click there. They'll stop firing for about 3 seconds, prolly even lose sight of you, giving you some time to get into a better position and gain vision of them.

Same vs large squads, but you'll prolly need 2 different kinds of throwable stuff and a good offensive skill (like clusters or frag) to scatter most of them. Best aim your most deadly weapon at the 2 umb DCs leading most large squads, as theyr frags are the real killers in umb mode. When an assman targets you and you know where they are, move 2 inches, throw your stuff in that direction to scatter at least those mgs and dms and kill the DCs first again.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Captain
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Spray's Miniguide for Starters   Spray's Miniguide for Starters Icon_minitimeSat 5 Jun 2010 - 2:27

Wondering if only umb snipers got light filters. I got killed on a hill quite few times WITHOUT umbs being on the same terrain height nor umb rockets which give vision of their impact surroundings.

And the other thing: do frags give vision of the target terrain too?
Back to top Go down
Legendel
Major
Legendel

Number of posts : 1258

PostSubject: Re: Spray's Miniguide for Starters   Spray's Miniguide for Starters Icon_minitimeSat 5 Jun 2010 - 3:13

ofc not every rifleman/nc/dc has light filter... but its not a risk to take.. thats my meaning behind not explaining that. You wouldn't know.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Legendel
anti.pro-spray
Sergeant
anti.pro-spray

PostSubject: Re: Spray's Miniguide for Starters   Spray's Miniguide for Starters Icon_minitimeSat 5 Jun 2010 - 3:21

Admin wrote:
Wondering if only umb snipers got light filters. I got killed on a hill quite few times WITHOUT umbs being on the same terrain height nor umb rockets which give vision of their impact surroundings.

I don't think so, since the triggering seems similiar to that of the CAS auto rocket.
Back to top Go down
TNT_PIZZA
Gunnery Sergeant
TNT_PIZZA

Number of posts : 149

PostSubject: Re: Spray's Miniguide for Starters   Spray's Miniguide for Starters Icon_minitimeSat 5 Jun 2010 - 3:23

Admin wrote:

like frag radius+100 for less than a sec, its rediculous compared to assmen/ce rocket (~800-1000 range for 3sec or so)
Back to top Go down
MSousa
Warrant Officer
MSousa

Number of posts : 493

PostSubject: Re: Spray's Miniguide for Starters   Spray's Miniguide for Starters Icon_minitimeSat 5 Jun 2010 - 6:51

Spoprockel wrote:

There was a time when we had some kind of hacked map where a player could play umb forces.

Its not a Hacked map he used Bot to change the last Place Or maybe he made a Config to make umbs friends ^^. But you dont have to hack it ^^.

Admin wrote:

Thats allways my problem, i mostly got killed by Umbs that cant see me, never ^^ im allways surprised why other of us can survive soo long xD

We could test to see if they see something ^^
Back to top Go down
Admin
Captain
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Spray's Miniguide for Starters   Spray's Miniguide for Starters Icon_minitimeSat 5 Jun 2010 - 11:23

As you figured out by now i didnt mean light filters but binoculars or equalent spells (except rockets) that reveal a certain area, in my prior question...
Back to top Go down
TNT_PIZZA
Gunnery Sergeant
TNT_PIZZA

PostSubject: Re: Spray's Miniguide for Starters   Spray's Miniguide for Starters Icon_minitimeSat 5 Jun 2010 - 19:54

i think it's just a bug that makes umb see the whole map, i also got killed a few times by 3 riflemen squad who had no way to see me.
the umb dms do have binoculars, they're basically the same as our DM minis. But i doubt they ever used it.
Back to top Go down
Jollersmart
Colonel
Jollersmart

Number of posts : 1912

PostSubject: Re: Spray's Miniguide for Starters   Spray's Miniguide for Starters Icon_minitimeSat 5 Jun 2010 - 20:40

TNT_PIZZA wrote:
i think it's just a bug that makes umb see the whole map, i also got killed a few times by 3 riflemen squad who had no way to see me.
the umb dms do have binoculars, they're basically the same as our DM minis. But i doubt they ever used it.

Couldn't something else have scouted you out with binos?

I've never died from this btw.
Back to top Go down
TNT_PIZZA
Gunnery Sergeant
TNT_PIZZA

PostSubject: Re: Spray's Miniguide for Starters   Spray's Miniguide for Starters Icon_minitimeSun 6 Jun 2010 - 2:44

Jollersmart wrote:
TNT_PIZZA wrote:

Couldn't something else have scouted you out with binos?

I've never died from this btw.
no, it did happen before dm could actually spawn, so i guess its something else...
Back to top Go down
Just_A_Dude
Major
Just_A_Dude

Number of posts : 1231

PostSubject: Re: Spray's Miniguide for Starters   Spray's Miniguide for Starters Icon_minitimeSun 6 Jun 2010 - 3:01

I'm nice enough not to spam this thread.
Back to top Go down
Rotfuchs
Lance Corporal
Rotfuchs

Number of posts : 17

PostSubject: My first post on this forum !   Spray's Miniguide for Starters Icon_minitimeTue 24 Aug 2010 - 13:13

jap i die alot of time this way. Stay on higeground some Trees around they neverever see me.

But i got it now: I was on checkpont (CP) mission and on the Centerhill (PH) on my way to the CP left of the (PH)
i move down the Ramp but still on higegrond the 4 Riflemen close to me i start withe the guy far away killed all 4
after the umb next to me die I get shoot from the North CP of ST. WTH i didnt move so why the 4 umbs didnt shoot me ?

Answere: at WC3 deying units revial the area around in a 500 radus for 2 sec. It can be changet at the editor so im not sure about the radius and time in UA2 but Im sure revial on dead is on.

Sometimes u dont kill but get killed so u think im wrong ? if ther could replays saved we would see a teammate kill a umb next to you. Or u enter a area wher a umb die from UD 1 sec ago.... last option: u stay very close to a Tree and a lowhp umb want to pass it. Riflebutt (RB) isnt meele (>100) and its not a real attack its a Trigger I bet it aim all Units in range dosent matter about LoS
Back to top Go down
Haksis
Sergeant
Haksis

Number of posts : 72

PostSubject: Re: Spray's Miniguide for Starters   Spray's Miniguide for Starters Icon_minitimeTue 24 Aug 2010 - 21:30

I tryed riflebutting from behind a tree once, and it kinda worked. The umb died, but it also riflebutted me to death at the same time Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Spray's Miniguide for Starters   Spray's Miniguide for Starters Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Spray's Miniguide for Starters
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Search and Rescue :: Warcraft III :: Undead Assault II-
Jump to: