Search and Rescue
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the pros.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterircChatLog in

TEAMWORK!!!!!

Go down 
+7
Herbmaster
MSousa
TNT_PIZZA
Spoprockel
WedgeAntilles
Jollersmart
JosephN
11 posters
AuthorMessage
JosephN
Sergeant Major
JosephN

Number of posts : 307

TEAMWORK!!!!! Empty
PostSubject: TEAMWORK!!!!!   TEAMWORK!!!!! Icon_minitimeMon 7 Jun 2010 - 10:54

Ok I'm sure we have already had a topic about this but I hate raising a dead topic Twisted Evil
But atm a hot topic in clan sar's "leaders lounge" ,which if you get shaman you can access king, is teamwork and how we are "lacking" it Sad
Which I don't think is true, cos I've seen many people work together and complete many games in my time I've been in the clan.
So I know us "older" members can do it and I'm sure many of the "newer" members can aswell so come on guys, get to it lol!

I know this next point has been said before by herb, glenn, audi and others im sure but I would also like to say it affraid

I think we need to come up with some kind of game plan for every game of hard/insane game and umb game. And im sure your all like,

"well we know what we are doing, we don't need to be told by some noob what to do".
So instead I'm just going to say a few things we should always do when playing clan games:

1) Elect a leader to command the team - this leader doesn't need to be high ranked or anything, just needs to be able to tell everyone what to do. So you ask "what should a leader do?" Well lead the team of course. so heres a few things I would like to see the leader do afro
1) Tell people where to go for missions
2) Nominate people to get supplies if needed
3) Nominate people to do missions so e.g. on sentry mission leader ellects 3 members to get the sents and tells which to go to
4) The leader picks what mos's he wants at the start and who he wants to play them - this could mix the game up so other people get to play medic not just glenn and mso Twisted Evil
5) The leader should choose where he wants the team to camp/ hold or if he wants them to run about
6) The leader chooses when people are going to be revived and who shall cover the medic
7) The leader choose when he wants "ultimate" spells to be used these are spells like: airstrike, cas, ion cannon and satchel
So basically the leader has power over all Twisted Evil
I'm not saying we have to do every rule here but it would be interesting just to try a few of the points
2) Team members must obey the leader - just like the army pvts do as the general says apart from in our army any rank can be the leader king
3) Item horders - Players shouldn't just horde items they should always consider team mates so for example armour should generally go to either the medics, flamers or engis as these are either important roles or are more likely to get hit as close range.
Another example would be the mgl400 - medics dont have any aoe dmg - so always consider giving this to them, as its no fun not killing anything lol!
But remember items do not win the game Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation
4) Warnings - always warn before you about to either Rez or cast a large dmg spell - this how many deaths and tks happen when people arent aware. A warning should be given atleast 10 seconds before you are about to use the spell. A warning should be done by - verbal so "satchel take care guys" and also a ping where you shall be placing/ firing it.
5) Agroing - This can sometimes be a pain when theres lack of communication with eachother lol! many people don't realise how simple it is to kill bosses like darreus and meta with just guns,ok takes a while but it is possible. how you ask, if you haven't done, by "agroing" as a I like to call it afro
"whats agroing mr jos?"
"well kids... basically when you shoot a zombie you will gain agro and it will come rushing for you. So basically you can use this to advantage for killing bosses and dodging creeps (really good with air) - You basically need atleast 2 players. You seperate by a reasonable distance (500 range lets say) and you shoot alternately at the zombies, so they are now running back and forth between you."
"how can this help you dodge zombies o sensai jos"
"well padawan learners, use the force you must... thats if your herb.... study well basically if you've got a nice little mob of zombies after you lets say "zombie dogs" these are really fast and a pain to run away from when your "out of breath". Then your team mate should just fire at them for you, he can be stood anywhere, even right next to you, this should by you some time to get away from them and then you should "cover" your team mate and keep repeating this until the zombs are or you've got to safety afro "
6) "the lost sheep" - I'm sure sometimes we get cut off by zombies or umb and are by ourselves and are struggling to find a way out, sometimes you make other times you don't afro How can this be avoided? well simples, The whole team should be usiong -tl every few minutes sure there wil be shit loads of spam, but it really helps you all keep an eye on where the team are going and if someone is cut off. And if this happens you can go get that lost sheep and shepard him back to the squad lol! This hopefully shouldn't happen if you've got a team leader cos they should be telling you were you are going etc.
7) NO RAMBO! - ok loads of you guys love going rambo and so do I when I don't fail lol! and I'n sure most of you have got the skill to do so aswell BUT its a real negative for the team as:
A) not a huge point but you are most likely farming all the umbs/creeps and are gaining more XP than the rest of the team and its always good for the whole team to have higher levels as it makes you all stronger plus you want your NC as high a level as possible as they can make better heals, faster rez and ofc deal more dmg cyclops
B) IF you die its a bloody pain to go rez you because generally many ramboers go off along way from the team e.g. when all camping at NH on umb a ramboer is down at the South of the map - this is a long way to travel plus very risky as there is lots of cover for the umb to ambush you thus causing a huge loss not just for you but the whole team, this could even lose the game Crying or Very sad

Ok well I'm pretty tired and I've pretty much run out of what to say for now, I'm open to more points and critism as long as its "WTF WHY YOU TREAT US LIKE NOOBS" cos you know I'm not cos I know you all got skill otherwise you wouldn't be in clan. Anyway I hope we can test this out, would be really good to try with vent, not sure how vent server is atm mso or leg possible to post something about that Question
Anyway hope you enjoyed reading afro afro
Back to top Go down
Jollersmart
Colonel
Jollersmart

Number of posts : 1912

TEAMWORK!!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: TEAMWORK!!!!!   TEAMWORK!!!!! Icon_minitimeMon 7 Jun 2010 - 11:43

JosephN wrote:
But atm a hot topic in clan sar's "leaders lounge" ,which if you get shaman you can access

What the hell... I didn't actually think about it til now.

YOU GUYS SAID I WAS PART OF GAYBAR FOREVER!!! Sad

Quote :
2) Team members must obey the leader - just like the army pvts do as the general says apart from in our army any rank can be the leader
I've played 1 game with you guys that I can remember where we set a leader. No one really did follow the leader anyway.

Quote :
4) Warnings - always warn before you about to either Rez or cast a large dmg spell - this how many deaths and tks happen when people arent aware. A warning should be given atleast 10 seconds before you are about to use the spell. A warning should be done by - verbal so "satchel take care guys" and also a ping where you shall be placing/ firing it.

I always warn, about 2 sec after I prime it.
and so far only Slaxter died from it when he was trying to flame Genesis.
Actually, killed a global hawk noob about 1.5 years ago to come to think of it.
Back to top Go down
WedgeAntilles
Warrant Officer
WedgeAntilles

Number of posts : 434

TEAMWORK!!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: TEAMWORK!!!!!   TEAMWORK!!!!! Icon_minitimeMon 7 Jun 2010 - 13:23

JosephN wrote:
Ok I'm sure we have already had a topic about this but I hate raising a dead topic Twisted Evil

https://clansar.forumotion.com/undead-assault-ii-f5/welcome-to-the-elite-t466.htm

Yea we had and it is not very old. Gonna create an extended answer to your post tomorrow, seeing that you have put much effort in it. Too tired at the moment.
Back to top Go down
JosephN
Sergeant Major
JosephN

TEAMWORK!!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: TEAMWORK!!!!!   TEAMWORK!!!!! Icon_minitimeMon 7 Jun 2010 - 18:49

Wow realised how seriously long my post was just now lol!

Quote :
What the hell... I didn't actually think about it til now.

YOU GUYS SAID I WAS PART OF GAYBAR FOREVER!!!

Then re-apply for shammy position lol!

Quote :
Quote:
2) Team members must obey the leader - just like the army pvts do as the general says apart from in our army any rank can be the leader

I've played 1 game with you guys that I can remember where we set a leader. No one really did follow the leader anyway.

I agree with the no following... but that was before this was posted Twisted Evil but in the end theres nothing you can do about the no following, but if people think they are to good to not play in a team(not following leader), well they shouldn't be playing with us lol! lol!

Quote :
I always warn, about 2 sec after I prime it.
and so far only Slaxter died from it when he was trying to flame Genesis.
Actually, killed a global hawk noob about 1.5 years ago to come to think of it.

Yeh I know most of you guys know this and most of the other points but I think some games we do ALL lack this at points, so I thought I would just remind you guys some of the teamwork "basics" and some other teamwork skills that we "elite" should have And you could say that I'm being to serious about the whole teamwork thing but isn't the game so much better when you complete it? and not by soloing but as a team! study
Back to top Go down
Spoprockel
Sergeant Major
Spoprockel

Number of posts : 311

TEAMWORK!!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: TEAMWORK!!!!!   TEAMWORK!!!!! Icon_minitimeTue 8 Jun 2010 - 0:24

Eh heh, whats that huge red pulsating... ping at the minimap good for when i wire my satchel? tongue

No, srsly, i always tell the folks when i'm about to satchel, the only time when i don't do so is when im running alone from a huge crowd of larger mobs and really don't expect anyone to jump into that. Or when im busy running, satcheling, dodging and smoking all at the same time What a Face

Another thing to mention: Medkit hoggers

Not long ago i had a game on us east where some dc using guy who frequently hosts games outsprinted my ce to get his medkit stack to 6. So i had no heals, he had 6 medkits.
Not long after that we get air rushed at the supplies, i get hurt a bit (less than half hp left) before i can get rid of em, and i always keep close to that dc. I write several times "mind healing me?", no reaction. Well, shortly after that i got treecornered by a beast, oneswing, dead. Bitch died too thereafter because he had nobody to aggro that huge trail of things being after him... Kinda pissed me off that day.

So if you don't plan on healing team members, get salines, not medkit.

If i got medkits, no matter at what class, i always have a look at close teammate's hp. If no nc is nearby or if hes low on mana or if theres more than one guy low on health, i use that friggin medkit on them!
Back to top Go down
TNT_PIZZA
Gunnery Sergeant
TNT_PIZZA

Number of posts : 149

TEAMWORK!!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: TEAMWORK!!!!!   TEAMWORK!!!!! Icon_minitimeTue 8 Jun 2010 - 7:38

We just won Insane mode! Jampe was our leader and led us good!

The Team:
Gen. Jampe as Assaultman (Leader)
Gen. Master_Glenn as Forward Observer
LtGen. TNT_Pizza as Heavy Support
Col. Josephn as Flamethrower
Col. True_Slaya as Navy Corpsman
LtCol. MSousa as Combat Engineer
Maj. MC_Wolfi as Detachment Commander
2Lt. Blaxter as Flamethrower
Gysgt. U.N.Owen as Navy Corpsman
Gysgt. REFLOH as Cyborg
Sgt. Godzilla2000 as Ghost

Apart the Convoy Supplies we did all the other mission. Very few death (mainly from accidental tk), kept infestation low, and MC_Wolfi got a tank at last mission.
Darreus and Genesis got pwnt even thought we lagged alot^^

Hope we will play many more games like that!!

Last edited by TNT_PIZZA on Thu 10 Jun 2010 - 5:10; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
MSousa
Warrant Officer
MSousa

Number of posts : 493

TEAMWORK!!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: TEAMWORK!!!!!   TEAMWORK!!!!! Icon_minitimeTue 8 Jun 2010 - 10:37

For now good Information that you written there Smile cheers gj

JosephN wrote:

4) The leader picks what mos's he wants at the start and who he wants to play them - this could mix the game up so other people get to play medic not just glenn and mso Twisted Evil

lol! funny that you see that i made a lot Medic xD I love to be support guy so im allways for NC Smile

JosephN wrote:
Anyway I hope we can test this out, would be really good to try with vent, not sure how vent server is atm mso or leg possible to post something about that

like i said on the Ventrillo thread, my Ventrillo is avaible all the time when im @ home. I just dont activate because most of the time its not used, i made a command for Herb and audi to start the ventrillo if someone needs Smile

And we have to ask Jampe he said he would made an vent too.
Back to top Go down
Herbmaster
Lt Colonel
Herbmaster

Number of posts : 1420

TEAMWORK!!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: TEAMWORK!!!!!   TEAMWORK!!!!! Icon_minitimeTue 8 Jun 2010 - 11:30

i cant see it being that hard when its clan sar insane Rolling Eyes we are pro of euro zone afro so a win is must king
Back to top Go down
https://clansar.forumotion.com
Just_A_Dude
Major
Just_A_Dude

Number of posts : 1231

TEAMWORK!!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: TEAMWORK!!!!!   TEAMWORK!!!!! Icon_minitimeTue 8 Jun 2010 - 11:50

Herbmaster wrote:
i cant see it being that hard when its clan sar insane Rolling Eyes we are pro of euro zone afro so a win is must king

i loled.
Back to top Go down
Legendel
Major
Legendel

Number of posts : 1258

TEAMWORK!!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: TEAMWORK!!!!!   TEAMWORK!!!!! Icon_minitimeTue 8 Jun 2010 - 13:13

Errf the amount of times we easily complete insane as a clan is insane... just depends wether or not we play properly
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Legendel
WedgeAntilles
Warrant Officer
WedgeAntilles

Number of posts : 434

TEAMWORK!!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: TEAMWORK!!!!!   TEAMWORK!!!!! Icon_minitimeTue 8 Jun 2010 - 14:23

Well Jos i agree with most of your points. However i think even with a leader there needs to be some kind of freeroom. It falls to the leader to decice who is capable of surviving and doing useful stuff on his own and who needs strict(er) orders.

Gl400/Xm to medic is a very good idea, so he has a weapon vs masses.

100% agree on item horde stuff. In that umb game today it worked very good, many ammo cases and other items in the ground instead of constantly held by each player.

About warnings… with precise use of explosives and high awareness of surrounding warnings are not needed. Can do them if ya have time for typing. I don’t have most of the time Razz

Agro

I think most experienced players now how it works. Can remember me Msousa and another Clannie killing bonnie with passing Agro around. Any way gj for mentioning it.
Back to top Go down
MSousa
Warrant Officer
MSousa

Number of posts : 493

TEAMWORK!!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: TEAMWORK!!!!!   TEAMWORK!!!!! Icon_minitimeTue 8 Jun 2010 - 22:31

WedgeAntilles wrote:
Can remember me Msousa and another Clannie killing bonnie with passing Agro around. Any way gj for mentioning it.
It was the "German-Force" with Audio, the Medic's Power of SAR
Back to top Go down
JosephN
Sergeant Major
JosephN

TEAMWORK!!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: TEAMWORK!!!!!   TEAMWORK!!!!! Icon_minitimeTue 8 Jun 2010 - 23:50

As I said, I know most people can do all of the stuff but I thought I could just collaborate some key points of the game that help the whole team cos sometimes people don't consider how things like agroing can help the team.

Quote :
leader there needs to be some kind of freeroom

Well its up to the leader how he wants to do it all the points stated about the leader don't have to be done it was just an example of what the leader could do, as "newer" players" may not know what to do if they are selected.

The idea of the leader is to improve how we all play, including our uber pro gens Twisted Evil Since the leader chooses what mos's - this means you can't always play your favourite or the one you play best with. He tells you were to camp/hold - for example that umb game last night, we held the mountains - which is much harder than the north hill in my opinion Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
anti.pro-spray
Sergeant
anti.pro-spray

Number of posts : 59

TEAMWORK!!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: TEAMWORK!!!!!   TEAMWORK!!!!! Icon_minitimeWed 9 Jun 2010 - 22:25

Man, I'm like missing all these SAR inhouse games, someone should start scheduling time and place so I know when to stay up. I cannot stay when I have school tomorrow to find out that there isn't a game Razz its like a waste. I say organization.

Now onto leaders, this is a great idea since it will let us try new things, like what Jos said about staying in mountains. It'll help organize the play of the game speed instead of taking like 30 seconds to ask who is doing what, where.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Captain
Admin

Number of posts : 908

TEAMWORK!!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: TEAMWORK!!!!!   TEAMWORK!!!!! Icon_minitimeThu 10 Jun 2010 - 4:45

We do them almost every day. This week we had several full house private games for clan members. I am sure there will be another one when you log in too.
Back to top Go down
Herbmaster
Lt Colonel
Herbmaster

Number of posts : 1420

TEAMWORK!!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: TEAMWORK!!!!!   TEAMWORK!!!!! Icon_minitimeThu 10 Jun 2010 - 5:16

dam jos....how long did it take you to write all that Laughing some are doing their abit but others are still abit lose and dont know their role yet bounce maybe more drilling needed by the Fuhrer in his high chair study
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

TEAMWORK!!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: TEAMWORK!!!!!   TEAMWORK!!!!! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

TEAMWORK!!!!!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Search and Rescue :: Warcraft III :: Undead Assault II-
Jump to: